Sunday 13 April 2014

The Grand Budapest Hotel:: Clandestine Film Watching







Last night I got home - and the house was a bomb. 

I felt pretty angry. That's actually an understatement. This has been percolating away for a while. 

So 20 minutes after walking in, I walked back out. 

I felt pretty guilty. But also pretty angry. I am sick of being the only one to tidy things away because everyone's taken the "it's not my stuff" posture - so they just leave it. 

What did I do? Well, what is one meant to do when you have steam coming out your ears and no where to really go?

I went to the movies. With no movie in mind, I just had to pick one based on the time I arrived, and whatever was showing. Thankfully it was The Grand Budapest Hotel. PHEW!

Because my friends, watching that film? Magical. 

I kept sitting there reminding myself that Wes Anderson is a freaking genius. Everything is perfect. And perfectly quirky and wonderful. There are so many shots I wanted to photograph in my memory because they were a beautiful play of colour, a riot really. 

I've thought about it all day, and looking on Pinterest has reminded me of so many great moments, I can't wait to watch it all over again. 

Honestly, it's one of my all-time favourite films now, straight to my top 5. And maybe even my favourite Wes Anderson film.

The casting is brilliant. 
The costumes are superb.
The sets incredible.
Everything is sublime.

Have you seen The Grand Budapest Hotel? And did you love it as much as I did?




3 comments:

dear olive said...

I haven't seen it, I want to! Going to the movies when I have the shits is the best thing for me. I hope the house was tidy when you got home. Kellie xx

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

I loved it so much I wanted to watch it again IMMEDIATELY after it finished. Utterly spectacular filmmaking. Sublime. Stunning. Swoon-worthy.

Rachael @ mogantosh said...

He has the most beautiful eye doesn't he. Such an aesthete. I really missed you yesterday at the Kidspot thing. And I SO get you on the percolating housework rage.....