Wednesday 3 September 2014

Ordinary Walks of Life



Fresh days bring so much with them. They're good as a clean piece of paper. Full of promise, they can unfurl in so many ways.

I've managed to pull myself out of bed early to go walks a couple of times this week - I'm up to 75% of my four walk target. I could go into bonus time a la Luigi and Mario. 

On my walks I've been busy observing. With nothing but my mind to occupy me (oh and that magpie that kept trying to swoop me - ice cream bucket anyone?), my eye has been seeking out small beauties. 

Simple beauties. 

They're all around when you're attentive. It's the season when spiders decorate the trees with their weaving. And when Mother Nature leaves a fine mist to highlight them strung up in the branches. They're beautiful artworks, and if you're very careful, you can find them hidden in odd places. 

Or how about an ocean walk when there's no one around. The rain has scared everyone off. It's just you, the sand and the water lapping. The sunrise creeping up, quietly, but the surety is comforting. 

It's my reminder that there are bigger things in life. 

3 comments:

Sam Stone said...

So lovely Lexi!

Candice said...

That is one truly spectacular web

katiecrackernuts said...

I think I need an ocean walk this weekend. I am actually pulling away from things I've said yes to this weekend and taking one day back for me. I have not had a day at home for a month, maybe more, I've lost count.