Wednesday 10 September 2014

Reading:: Gone Girl



It's been a long time since I tore through a book.

That drought is over. 

I read Gone Girl in less than three days. It was that good. That page turning. That action packed, psychologically compelling, easy to read, crazy good. 

I'd heard people talking about this book - but it wasn't until I saw the trailer for the film that I thought I better get my roller-skates on. I had to read it before I saw it on the big screen.

Right from the get go I was absorbed into this book. About a marriage turned sour, and written from the two differing perspectives of a married couple, Nick and Amy, fired from their respective magazines - and life spirals from their. It all starts on their fifth wedding anniversary - when Amy goes missing. In case you didn't read the cover - it's a thriller, and it's fast-paced - it's so good I didn't want it to end. 

The film is set to be released soon. But read the book first. It's really super good. 


Gone Girl from Booktopia $13.95

* Reading is all about what I'm reading. It's not sponsored. It's simply me, reading a book and sharing with you. A book club of sorts. I've read four books this year. This is four more than I did last year.

3 comments:

Michele (The Hills are Alive) said...

its good hey. So nasty and twisted and evil. It lost me a bit (got a bit silly) when shes living in the other guys house (cant think of his name but you know who I mean...the one from her past) but yes a definite page turner and one of those books where you don't have to like the characters to love the book (the sister was awesome I think). Have another one of her books lined up to read and just finished reading We Are Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. Awesome. Highly recommend it. Also The SNow CHild and also The Secret River. Great reads. About to start a new book but cant decide between Burial Rites, The Luminaries or Goldfinch. All are meant to be good reads.

dear olive said...

It's SO good, isn't it. It's bound to be a disappointment, but I'm looking forward to the film regardless. Kellie xx

noblognorma said...

it was great, i don't usually do both movie and book,but might just this time...wonder what any of her other books are like ....